This is a poson fungus, its name is derived from Greek: mykes stands for fungus, while toxikon is poison. The mycotoxin is a secondary toxic metabolite that fungus organisms produce, that easily take over crops. It is highly toxic to the extent that it may lead to disease and even death- both for animals and humans.
What is interesting to note, is that one mold species may produce many different mycotoxins, and several species may produce the exact same mycotoxin.
Most fungi are produced using oxygen which means that they are aerobic. They are found practically almost everywhere and in exceedingly small quantities due to the miniscule size of their spores. Wherever humidity and temperature are adequately sufficient, these fungi consume organic matter. When mycotoxin levels become high and the conditions are just right, the fungi proliferate into colonies. It is not yet known the reason for the production of mycotoxins as they are not necessary for the growth or the development of the fungi itself. Due to the fact that mycotoxins exhausts the receiving host, the fungus may use them as a tactic to ameliorate the environment for further fungal proliferation.
For those living or working in a building environment or other such areas with a mold problem, this right here is another source example of mycotoxins. Being in such an environment can increase a person’s chance of acquiring and developing serious adverse health effects. Building mold can be divided into three logical groups: primary, secondary and tertiary called colonizers. Each of the three categories can be divided and characterized by the ability to grow at a certain water activity requirement.
In effect, it can not be stressed strongly enough the serious importance of moisture controls and ventilation within residential homes and other such buildings. The negative possible Mycotoxins health effects depend on its concentration concentration, duration of exposure to the toxins, as well as an individual’s immunity. The toxins in a typical house or office are usually minimal and insufficient to trigger illness.
Use of Term
There are no mycotoxins in this cannabis, so it is completely safe to consume.