Discover delicious Cannabis-Infused Tea Recipes
By Canncentral Editor
For many individuals both for medicinal purposes are well as purely recreationally, cannabis consumption is part of their lives. Generally speaking, marijuana is most often consumed with the aid of a joint or even a bong. For those who are even more adventurous, some may even choose to mix cannabis with food, such as in the case of the popular “weed brownies” among other foods.
While these methods of consumption are perfectly viable, there is another method that is often overlooked by many but has the potential to be an extremely enjoyable method of cannabis consumption for those looking to spice things up a bit.
So let’s set the scene for a moment, imagine on a Friday night after a hard week of work or school, you find yourself at home relaxing and unwinding. You do not have any plans to go out or hang out with friends, so you decide to simply chill at home and engage in any hobbies you wish to partake in. After some thought, you come to the conclusion that one thing that always helps you wind down after a stressful week is kicking back with the help of some marijuana.
If that is the case, we may have the solution that will add a whole new element to your marijuana consumption experience… tea.
For those of you who possess an affinity tea, it is difficult to argue that coming home and making a nice cup of tea does not make everything better.
This said, for those of you who feel the same way about marijuana, you may want to consider the idea of adding both things together. If you are a fan of both, cannabis-infused tea can be a magnificent way to mix two of your favourite things together for the ultimate relaxation experience.
If this sounds like you, you might be thinking of giving it a try, but don’t know where to start. Don’t worry! while you might not know how to begin the process of creating cannabis-infused tea, fear not, as this article is designed to aid you in making this special tea like a pro.
Making marijuana tea can be achieved in many different ways using a plethora of ingredients to suit your own individual tastes.
Here are three popular options:
- Infuse dry flowers with water for a decrease in psychoactive properties due to THC not dissolving in water.
- Mixing marijuana together with fats such as butter or coconut oil to add to tea leaves and water for a latte style drink.
- A combination of tea with an alcohol-based extraction like a tincture.
What Are Cannabis Tinctures?
Creating tea that is infused with marijuana is a bit more complex than you might have originally assumed. This is because THC extraction can sometimes be difficult as a result of solubility as well as decarboxylation issues. This said, once you can a better understanding of the process it will be smooth sailing!
Decarboxylation involves a compound known as THCA being converted into THC which changes it psychoactive and medicinal characteristics (if you are interested in learning more, click the following link). When heat is added to weed while smoking as well as vaporizing, decarboxylation will simply occur. similarly, when cooking edibles the marijuana (usually combined into oils or butter) is heated once it is put on the stove. This also works if kief or hash is applied to whatever you are making while being cooked on the stove.
If you chose this method to make you cannabis-infused tea, the process is largely the same. The marijuana is decarboxylated with the help of some heat prior to mixing it with the tea.
The time it takes to properly decarboxylate will depend on several different factors such as:
- How much moisture the product has
- The amount of product you are using
- Whether you are using a gas or electric stove
Method of Decarboxylating Marijuana
With all of the more technical stuff out of the way, it is now nearly time to get to the fun part, which is teaching you how to make your very own cannabis-infused tea to enjoy for yourself.
This article will teach you how to make two delightful recipes to enjoy. The first recipe is a cannabis-infused tea complete with golden milk and infused coconut oil, which is both rich in antioxidants as well as containing anti-inflammatory properties.
The second recipe is a marijuana-infused tea incorporating rose and chamomile that can be altered in many different ways depending on your preferences. All you need is the tea leaf or flower of your choosing along with ground weed to add to the mix.
Cannabis-Infused Golden Milk Tea and Medicated Coconut Recipe:
This recipe for one will take you approximately five minutes to get all the ingredients together, as well as a total cooking time of around twenty minutes.
While there is no one dose of cannabis to add to the tea that will work for everyone, be sure to add slowly and adjust according to what you can handle.
The ingredients for the tea are as followed:
- A tablespoon of medicated coconut oil
- A stick of cinnamon
- A cup of almond milk (preferably unsweetened)
- One and a half thinly peeled and sliced ginger
- A quarter tablespoon of whole black peppercorns
- A 1” peeled and thinly sliced piece of turmeric (or half a teaspoon of dried turmeric
- A tablespoon of honey
- Ground cinnamon for taste
Now, simply follow these easy directions:
- Stir the almond milk with the turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, and honey together in a saucepan, then add a cup of water and boil on low heat.
- Continue to lower the heat and add in the medicated coconut oil.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes until it is all mixed in together.
- Strain it into a cup and finish it off with a touch of ground cinnamon.
How to do marijuana tea:
This recipe will take around five minutes to gather the ingredients, as well as approximately five-to-ten minutes to make. Like the last recipe, marijuana dosage is variable and depends on the potency and your tolerance.
The ingredients you will need are:
- two teaspoons of ground marijuana trimmings, stems, or bud.
- two teaspoons of dried chamomile.
- two teaspoons of dried rosebuds.
- Optional: cannabis-infused honey and coconut milk.
To make, follow these simple steps:
- You may choose to decarboxylate now, depending on if you wish to enjoy the benefits of THCA or THC.
- Put all of the dried flowers into a tea infuse to steep for around five-to-ten minutes.
- Optional: You can use cannabis-infused honey or coconut milk for an even better experience.
Now that you have read each of the recipes, the only thing to do now is to pick which one you would like to try first!