Barn containing licensed cannabis grow-op burns down in Langley

A licensed grow-op that caught fire on Saturday evening in Langley has burned to the ground. According to a report

Getty images

0

A licensed grow-op that caught fire on Saturday evening in Langley has burned to the ground.

According to a report by the Langley Times, the Langley Township fire department was notified of the blaze, located on the 4600 block of 256 Avenue, at 9:45 p.m.

Deputy fire chief Bruce Ferguson said when they arrived, the barn was completely engulfed in flames. Residents of the area said flames were more then 10 meters (30 feet) high.

While he said crews were initially concerned about the proximity of a barn containing animals located just north of the fire, no people or animals were injured.

It took 10 fire trucks and 30 fire fighters to ensure the fire was put out completely. Crews remained at the scene overnight and well into the following day.

The barn, once used to grow mushrooms, had been converted to a cannabis cultivation facility and was licensed by Health Canada.

Though the cause of the fire has yet to be determined, Ferguson told CTV electrical issues might be to blame.

Leave your opinion for the editor...We read everything!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *